White stock is a savory & flavorsome liquid made by simmering meat bones & vegetables. This simmering process is done for 7-8 hours to extract the flavor so well. During this ongoing process of simmering, keep removing the scums/ impurities which keeps floating on top to get transparent & clear liquid. It is used in soups & sauces and gravies to enhance the flavor of dish.
Raw Chicken Bones – 2 kg
Mire Poix – 1/2 kg (For Chicken Stock) / 2 kgs (For Vegetable Stock)
Peppercorn – 12-15 pcs
Water – 4 liters
Bouquet Garni – 5-10 gms
- Cut the bones and remove extra fat and marrow (if any) from it.
- Place in a stock pot, add the cold water and bring to the boil.
- If the scum is dirty, then blanch and wash off the bones, re-cover with cold water and re-boil.
- Skim, wipe and round sides of the pot and simmer gently.
- Add the mirepoix, bouquet garni, and peppercorns.
- Simmer for 6-8 hours, skim & strain
Checkout the video for Vegetable Stock
Checkout the video for Chicken Stock