The Veloute is French word for “velvety“. It is a savory sauce made from “Blonde Roux” (flour & butter cooked well till it turns light golden brown). Once the mixture is cooked well, chicken stock is added to it. The flavor is neutral and bland to the tongue.
- Flour – 100 gms
- Butter – 100 gms
- Chicken Stock – 1 litre
- Melt the butter in thick bottom pan.
- Add the flour and mix in till it turns light golden brown
- Cook out to a sandy texture over gentle heat without changing color
- Allow the roux to cool
- Gradually add the boiling stock
- Stir until smooth & boiling
- Allow to simmer approx 1 hour
- Pass through a fine strainer